My Scary Place
Oh, I'm afraid to look. If I fall, no one will find me I'd rather read a book. I'm not holding on, there's no hook I'm out here on a ledge Oh, I'm afraid to look. A bird flew by my overlook. Tried to tweet my nose. I'd rather read a book. One little push, I'm in a brook Floating off to never land. Oh, I'm afraid to look. I've lost my shoes, I'll die barefoot What if I fall face first? Oh, I'm afraid to look. I'd rather read a book.
What Happened For Reals
Carol was just teasing me. She thought she'd have a laugh Glen joined in doo diddly dee That day was super lucky I sat up there on the ledge Carol was just teasing me They said there was a party. Everyone jumped up and down. Glen joined in doo diddly dee. Everyone but me. I did not dare turn around Carol was just teasing me. "I've got your back, don't worry." Justin whispered in my ear. Carol was just teasing me. Glen joined in doo diddly dee.
Recipe for a Villanelle:
Bonjour, that means hi in French. Practice writing a French poem with me. A villanelle consists of nineteen lines. That’s a lot of lines. When you group lines together they make a stanza. If you put three lines together you form a triplet. If you put four together you get a special train called a quatrain.
- Write five triplets. The first stanza will be repeated in several places.
- Repeat line one at the end of stanzas three and five.
- Repeat line three at the end of stanzas two and four.
- Lines one and three are the same
- The first line of the first stanza repeats as in the fifth stanza line
- Lines two and four are the same as stanzas one and three of the first stanza.
- There are only two rhyming structures.